We at The Little Rebellion are a student-produced online publication at the State University of New York at New Paltz. We strive to bring you the most accurate, balanced, fair and relevant coverage in the local area. We pride ourselves in maintaining journalistic standards rooted in tradition. The media of today has focused on the wrong things. We seek to break away from the current status quo. We rebel by doing it the way it’s supposed to be done.
“I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing.” – Thomas Jefferson, 1786
Submission Guidelines for The Little Rebellion
- We accept news submissions, features, opinion, arts and entertainment and literary journalism (print, audio, video, photography, etc.).
- News submissions should be between 500 and 800 words. Minimum of three reliable sources. They may not all be Web sites.
- Literary journalism submissions may not exceed 1,500 words.
- Please include a list of all sources with their email address and phone numbers at the end of the story.
- Files must be sent in either.doc, .docx or .rtf; .jpg, .wmv or .mp3 format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multimedia files should be properly labeled and captioned.
- Make us aware of any possible biases. Please let us know if you are a part of any organization, team or club that you are writing about.
- All submissions are subject to editing by The Little Rebellion staff. They will be edited for AP style, accuracy, copy and content.
- We ask that all writers provide their e-mail address for publication and to ease the editing process. No anonymous submissions will be accepted. Works published on The Little Rebellion cannot be published elsewhere without permission. Previously published works will not be accepted without express permission from the entity that first published it.
- Please address any questions to Nancy Meyer Heiz at email@example.com.